5051 Centre Avenue Development
The historic building that once housed the Ford Motor Company in Pittsburgh’s Bloomfield neighborhood is getting new life when it opens in the first quarter of 2022 as a world-class biomedical research hub. Pitt and Wexford Science+Technology are developing the eight-story site – The Assembly - at 5051 Centre Ave., which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The project will advance the University’s mission by supporting biomedical research, collaboration and innovation.
This eight story facility encompassing over 200,000 square feet will include:
- State-of-the-art lab space for researchers
- Variety of conference rooms along with flexible lounge areas to spur collaboration
- Three retail storefronts
- Tiered parking garaged with secured bike parking room
- Auditorium with 250+ seat capacity for lectures, presentations and symposiums
- Multipurpose atrium and event space
- Galleries throughout to highlight the building’s rich heritage
The development is expected to open in the first quarter of 2022.